Re: [ITP] FUSE 2.8

On 7/25/16, 11:27 PM, Mark Geisert wrote:

>Bill Zissimopoulos writes:
>> - Rename the package to winfsp-fuse, but have it somehow “satisfy”
>> packages that require “fuse” (e.g. SSHFS, FUSEPY). This would allow
>> multiple *-fuse packages to exist in the setup database and the user
>> chooses which one they want. My understanding based on Marco’s answer is
>> that this is not currently supported by Cygwin’s dependency system.
>
>You could define a package "fuse" with no contents and a dependency on
>package "winfsp-fuse".  Then later when/if another FUSE implementation
>becomes available, "somebody" could replace the "fuse" package with
>whatever is required to get alternatives support for the variants.

I will try this although it might take a bit longer than I had hoped.
Somehow I had vacation mixed with a family emergency and my free time
suddenly became nil.

>I'm wondering if "fuse-xxxx" is a better name template than "xxxx-fuse"
>in
>order to keep the variants near each other in setup.exe's displays.

Somehow I find xxxx-fuse better sounding than fuse-xxxx, but your point
about keeping them together in setup.exe displays is a very good one. I
see no real problem with renaming to fuse-winfsp.

Bill