Re: [ITP] FUSE 2.8

Hi Adrien,
I want to dig a little further into this...

Adrien JUND wrote:
I have tried to see how to integrate Dokan in cygfuse and it is
currently hard linked to WinFSP and makes hard the integration for
others FS.
A neutral interface with common operations should be made to fix the situation.

Cygfuse is intended to be the neutral interface. I'll be making cosmetic changes to it to make it more clear what belongs to cygfuse and what belongs to FUSE implementation DLLs loaded by cygfuse.

Does the strategy of testing something in the environment for existence of Dokan, then if found, load a Dokan-specific DLL sound workable for you? I want to be sure I'm not assuming too much about what FUSE implementations provide.

If you can be more specific about the gap between cygfuse as it is now and cygfuse being usable for you, please feel free. You could also wait for a cosmetically updated cygfuse which I hope to have in "a few days" modulo real life interruptions.
Thanks much,

..mark