Re: Request for perl-Archive-Extract

On 28/09/16 19:32, Achim Gratz wrote:
David Stacey writes:
Please could you add Archive::Extract when you next update a batch of
Perl modules. I've attached a cygport file, which you might find
helpful as a starting point. If you'd prefer not to maintain this
yourself then let me know and I'll submit an ITP.
I automatically generate all cygport files for Perl distributions…  I
have that one already locally, so it's not much work to add to Cygwin,
but may I ask what do you need it for?

The company I'm working for at the moment needs it for an internal script that they're developing. I've made a package for them using the cygport file I e-mailed earlier. However, I'd rather the package was available in the main repo (even if I have to maintain that package myself) because then I don't have to add any additional packages to the stock Cygwin that I download. Plus then the rest of the Cygwin community can benefit from it!

Do I take it that you'd be happy to maintain the package, or would you prefer me to submit an ITP?

Dave.