Re: [ITP] cygscript

On 30/03/2017 06:54, Joni Eskelinen wrote:
Dear maintainers,

Cygscript is an utility program allowing to register file types to be
executed in Cygwin when double clicked from File Explorer or when a file
is dragged and dropped to a registered file type.

Any file type can be registered. Scripts are executed with bash in
MinTTY terminal. Windows paths passed as arguments (eg. when dragged and
dropped) are automatically detected and translated to POSIX paths.

Thank you for your patience and sorry about the delay.

Nice work.  I'm kind of surprised we don't have something like this already.

How attached are you to the name? I know this is not a concept which lends itself easily to a short name, but perhaps something which makes the purpose a little more obvious is possible?

Please see the github page for further details.

It would be nice if there was a manpage included in the package.

This application is not included in any other distro, so i reckon a vote
must be first passed.

+1

I am the sole developer and maintainer of the project at the moment.

The source is released under MIT License.

Homepage:
https://github.com/sop/cygscript

Packages:
http://eske.fi/cygscript/

# cygscript-1.0.2-1.hint
category: Utils
requires: cygwin libgcc1 libstdc++6 mintty bash
sdesc: "Run shell scripts from Windows File Explorer"
ldesc: "A helper program allowing to register an extension (eg. .sh)
to be executed in Cygwin by double-clicking a file from Windows File
Explorer
or by dragging and dropping files to an icon of a registered extension."