Re: adopt and update libatomic_ops and libgc

On 09/05/2017 06:59, Andy Li wrote:
On 2017-05-08 05:54, Jon Turney wrote:
libatomic_ops.cygport:
A comment that we need to correct for this installing it's
documentation into usr/share/libatomic_ops, rather that
usr/share/doc/libatomic_ops might be nice.
This could alternatively be written using a custom src_install which
calls cyginstall then moves the directory, which might be less
brittle to changes in the file list?
This might be an upstream defect if it doesn't respect --docdir?

Right, I've just sent a PR to the upstream to fix it. See
https://github.com/ivmai/libatomic_ops/pull/25
I've included it as a patch in the cygport file, which we can remove
in the next version if the PR is merged.

libgc.cygport:
DEPEND might be better written pkgconfig(atomic_ops)
Again, stuff installed to usr/share/gc/ should probably be moved to
usr/share/doc/gc

Similarly, the PR: https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/pull/161

I note we also have libgc-7.2d-2 as non-source package, which just
contains usr/share/doc/Cygwin/libgc.README. That probably needs to
be cleaned up by being obsoleted.

What is the procedure of obsoleting packages?

In this case I think you just need:

libgc_devel_OBSOLETES="libgc"

(See https://cygwinports.github.io/cygport/pkg_pkg_cygpart.html#robo445)

I added libatomic_ops and libgc to your package list.