Re: request for cygwin app/package lldp

On 2017-05-20 07:24, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 20/05/2017 12:43, Paul Mansfield wrote:
>> I was hoping somebody could add lldp to cygwin. There's no
>> decent/free implementation of lldpd on Windows, so being able to
>> run the daemon and userspace tool in cygwin would be a huge bonus.
>> Pretty much all linux distros bundle lldp daemon and userspace tools.
>> http://open-lldp.org/
>> thanks very much
> It seems to require a Linux Kernel, so its porting is very unlikely

Also seems intended mainly to support DCBX, may be limited to Intel
ethernet adapters, may require Intel drivers, developed by and at Intel.

Comparisons http://www.kempgen.net/voip/lldp-agents.html

The canonical implementation seems to be lldpd, started when Debian ITP
and RFP for openlldp (no hyphen) went nowhere; also supports BSD, OS X,
and Solaris. http://vincentbernat.github.io/lldpd/

For Windows reporting, lldpd recommend
	https://raspi.github.io/projects/winlldpservice/

Network devices support SNMP so those tools can be used to query LLDP
info, and there may be clients available or portable to Cygwin, and
Windows apps available.