Re: setup and colons in filenames

On 25/10/2017 16:50, Ken Brown wrote:
This is a followup to the thread started here:

   https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2017-q4/msg00012.html

Currently setup's parse_filename is not correctly parsing filenames in /etc/setup/installed.db that contain colons, as explained in the above thread.  It would be easy to fix this by just ripping out the 'base' function, except for the fact that parse_filename is called by ScanFindVisitor::visitFile.

Since older setup cannot correctly parse an installed.db containing filenames like that, we should probably bump the installed.db version at the same time as fixing this.

I don't know enough about WIN32_FIND_DATA to know whether the call to 'base' is needed for that use of parse_filename.  If so, is it safe to skip all colons in that setting, since we're dealing with Win32 filenames and they don't see the colons in Cygwin filenames?

Yeah, that's about as far as I got before giving up...

Do we need two versions of parse_filename, one that calls base and one that doesn't?

This might be the easiest solution :)

The other concern I had was if the filenames for the package archives stored in the download cache end up containing a ':', which I thought wasn't allowed in windows filenames?