Re: setup 2.886 release candidate - please test

On 01/02/2018 20:21, Achim Gratz wrote:
Jon Turney writes:
A new setup release candidate is available at:

   https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.886.x86.exe    (32 bit version)
   https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.886.x86_64.exe (64 bit version)

Locally compiled, but not well tested yet.

Changes compared to 2.885:
- Apply default problem solutions in unattended mode
- Make --include-source work correctly in unattended mode
- Allow parser to accept an empty depends: list (2.885 (only) will
report syntax errors when parsing setup.ini containing these, when the
corresponding change to calm is deployed)

Do you have an idea yet why the last package gets orphaned (or did, if

'Yet'?  This is the first time I've heard of this!

Is this regression?

it's already fixed)?  I will need to remove my workaround of placing an
empty dummy at the end to try.

I guess you are saying that the last package listed in setup.ini appears as orphaned, when you have a re-written setup.ini which only contains one version per package?

Which I can easily believe happens, due to the rather weird way that the data from a parser reduction is transferred into the package database.