Re: setup 2.888 crashes on --prune-install

On 20/02/2018 18:33, Andrew Schulman wrote:
When I run setup-x86_64.exe or setup-x86.exe with --prune-install as shown
below, it crashes. An error dialog pops up saying "setup-x86.exe has
stopped working". No other debug information appears on the console - the
whole session is shown below.

When I run the same command without --prune-install, it completes normally.

Poor setup seems to be having trouble solving all of the dependencies. Not
surprising, as my installation is old and crufty. Of course that's what I
was hoping --prune-install would help to dig me out of.

Thanks for reporting this problem.

c:\Users\x\Downloads\utilities\cygwin32>setup-x86.exe --no-shortcuts
--quiet-mode --prune-install --packages
atool,autoconf,automake,autossh,bc,bind-utils,byacc,bzr,curl,cygport,discus,dos2unix,doxygen,emacs,file,fish,flexdll,gcc-core,gcc-g++,gettext-devel,git,gnupg2,gsl-devel,help2man,lftp,libargp,libargp-devel,libcrypt-devel,libgd-devel,libiconv,libintl-devel,libncurses-devel,libneon-devel,libpcre2-devel,libpng-devel,libreadline-devel,libwrap-devel,libX11-devel,links,lndir,m4,make,multitail,ncurses,nosleep,ocaml,ocaml-camlp4,openssh,openssl-devel,orpie,p7zip,par2,patch,patchutils,pdftk,perl,pinentry,pinfo,pkg-config,procps-ng,psmisc,readline,rebase,robodoc,rsync,screen,sitecopy,sng,socat,stow,stunnel,time,tree,unison2.27,unison2.32,unison2.40,unison2.45,unison2.48,unison2.49,unison2.51,util-linux,wget,zip,

[...]
Problem 1/97

!

Augmented Transaction List:
    0   erase                                            base 0.0-0

!!

Yeah, that's not working right... :(

I fixed the crash problem in 2.889, but there's other things wrong here: for starters, the default solution we are picking aren't the best.