Re: git repositories for cygwin packaging - please test

On 8/4/2019 4:08 PM, Jon Turney wrote:

> While a number of maintainers keep their cygwin packaging under some sort of
> version control, there is currently no central collection of these repositories.
>
> To remedy this lack, using the same ssh key you use for sftp package upload,
> package maintainers can now also push to git repositories, like so:
>
> git push cygwin@cygwin.com:/git/cygwin-packages/<packagename>
>
> where <packagename> is a package name you are listed as a maintainer for in
> http://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint.
>
> These repositories are lazily created on the first push.
>
> Since it's intended that these repositories will only contain cygport scripts,
> patches, and other packaging files, and to prevent the accidental committing of
> upstream archives, pushes containing large binary files will be rejected.
>
> These repositories are viewable via gitweb at
> https://cygwin.com/git-cygwin-packages/ (URL may be subject to change), and
> should be cloneable via anonymous git/http with the URLs shown there.
>
> Please give this a test, if possible, and report any problems here.

Great idea!  Thanks for doing this.  I've pushed a few of my repos, and I've
cloned one of yours.  So far everything works as expected.

By the way, people who want to switch to using these new repos as their upstream
can issue the following command:

   git remote set-url origin cygwin@cygwin.com:/git/cygwin-packages/<packagename>

Ken