Re: strace improvements

>>> On Sat, 12 Jun 1999 21:06:04 -0400
>>> Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> said:

> I felt ambitious today so I've taken the time to change cygwin's
> strace interface.
>
> I've gotten rid of the environment variable interface in favor of
> control from an external program.  So, to get an strace dump you
> now do something like:
>
> 	strace -m1 -o/tmp/strace.out ls
(snip)
> I haven't checked this in yet, nor have I checked it on Windows 95.

I tried this on Win95. It can work generally, but the target process
behaves very very slowly in comparison with the old manner. And the
`strace' command waits for about a minute before it terminates after
all target processes terminated.
____
  | AIST      Kazuhiro Fujieda <fujieda@jaist.ac.jp>
  | HOKURIKU  School of Information Science
o_/ 1990      Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology