Re: little Ctrl-C inconvenience

This is not a complaint but merely an observation being reported
in case it may be helpful.

The following applies to both the 990807 and 990808 snapshots
with "tty" set on Win95.

By "login shell", I mean the parent shell started from "cygnus.bat".

Using bash as login shell, a Ctrl-C will return a prompt every
time. The "Use exit to leave the shell" message no longer appears.
In a bash sub-shell, Ctrl-C doesn't seem to do anything but once
Ctrl-C is pressed, the subsequent returns of the prompt are slowed
but not nearly as slow as the previous snapshot.

Using ash as login shell, a Ctrl-C will return a prompt every
time. In an ash sub-shell, only one Ctrl-C will return a prompt.
Afterwards (in that sub-shell) Ctrl-C doesn't seem to do anything.
If the ash sub-shell was called from a bash sub-shell, the prompt
returns slowly in the bash sub-shell after exiting ash (if Ctrl-C
was pressed while in ash) even if Ctrl-C was never pressed in the
bash sub-shell.

Upon logging in with any shell, running Mickey's heredoc test
(first thing) will cause *all* Ctrl-C's in any shell to return a
prompt and there is no slowing of anything... anywhere.

------------heredoc test script---------------------
#! /bin/sh
cat <<!
heresh
!

Running that script first thing in any subshell will cause all
Ctrl-C's in that sub-shell and any of it's sub-shells to always
return a prompt but the parents still have problems.

I've been using Sergey's ssh for a long time to log into a
remote shell account. If that account is unreachable I'll cancel
the session with Ctrl-C. Now, it takes a long time for ssh
to receive that signal. (This is starting ssh from a .bat file
with "tty" set.)

-glenn