Re: new snapshot -- fixes reported bugs?

On 2 Aug 1999 around 12:12AM (-0400) Chris Faylor wrote:

> Could you all check out the new snapshot?  AFAIK, I've fixed all of
> the reported bugs except for the "sh -c 'ls &'" one.
                                             ^
Forgive me if you already know this, but I was curious. The space
between "ls" and "&" is not recognized as a separator.

  [ from an strace of "sh -c 'ls &'" ]
 dll_crt0_1: Application CYGWIN version: 20.1, api: 0.0
 dll_crt0_1: CYGWIN DLL version: 21.0, api: 0.14
 build_argv: argv[0] = 'sh'
 build_argv: argv[1] = '-c'
 stat_worker: lstat (ls &, 0x25379E4)
 mount_info::conv_to_win32_path: conv_to_win32_path (ls &)
         [...]
 globify: argv[2] = 'ls &'
 build_argv: argv[3] = '(null)'

  [ from "ChangeLog-1998" ]
 Sat Oct 17 00:10:53 1998  Christopher Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com>
         * dcrt0.cc: Remove obsolete version variables.
         (build_argv): Use issep() macro rather than isspace since
         isspace includes whitespace that the shell does not consider
         a command separator.
 Tue Oct  6 22:31:44 1998  Christopher Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com>
         * dcrt0.cc (build_argv): Rewrite. Now: 1) allocates argv on
         the fly, 2) inserts '@' files as they are found, 3) uses
         sh-style quoting using either " or ' which may be embedded
         in an argument.
         (insert_file): Don't scan command line.  Accept already
         parsed arguments from build_argv.
         (quoted): New function for parsing quoted strings.
         (globify): Don't scan argv list.  Accept element from
         build_argv which will be tacked to end of argv as it
         is being built.  Extend quoting options to allow
         tilde, braces, and quotes.
         (dcrt0_dll_1): Simplify argv processing.  Just call
         build_argv, which handles everything.

-glenn

--
 )      Glenn Spell <glenn@gs.fay.nc.us>      )   _       _____