Re: Many changes in latest snapshot

--- Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> wrote:
> I've implemented the new signal handling scheme that I was mumbling
> about previously.  I ended up touching a lot of files but, happily,
> much of the work involved ripping out code that was no longer needed.
>
> Just to provide as many random variables as possible, I have also turned
> on thread-safety and minimal pthread support by default.
>
> I've also eliminated the USE_REGISTRY_OPTIONS conditional.  cygwin will
> now search the registry for CYGWIN-environment-variable-like options.
>
> It will find them under the HKCU\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\Program
> Options .
>
> Each string name under this category is either the word "default" or is
> the full Windows path (including drive) of a program.  The string value
> is a CYGWIN environment variable option string like "binmode or
> error_start:foo".
>
> Finally, I've added Mumit's comprehensive patch to better handle dynamic
>
> I've also changed the version number field to reflect the 1.1.0 status
> but I haven't gotten around to changing mkvers.sh to do the right thing
> with it.  "uname -a" should report 1.1.0, however.

Since this changes the "stableness" of the snapshots, IMHO a copy of the
snapshots prior to these changes should be saved similar in nature to the Jan
15th snapshot.  BTW, I'm glad to see that pthreads will finally get tested.

=====
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>
Cygwin Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>