Re: Many changes in latest snapshot

Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd@yahoo.com> writes:

> Since this changes the "stableness" of the snapshots, IMHO a copy of the
> snapshots prior to these changes should be saved similar in nature to the Jan
> 15th snapshot.  BTW, I'm glad to see that pthreads will finally get tested.

I know that enabling threads breaks some of my code (** see below), so I
agree with Earnie that we should have stable-before-the-last-major-change
one. Perhaps 1999-12-04?

** It has been a while since I tried running a thread-enabled version,
so chances are that a lot of the "usual" thread related problems have
been solved. I was getting random hangs here and there among other
problems. This code needs platforms that support DCE or POSIX (pthreads
now works under Mingw), and currently runs under many different OSs;
however, that doesn't mean that there aren't bugs in it.

Regards,
Mumit