Re: Setup 0.51

On Sat, Mar 11, 2000 at 11:33:18AM -0500, Chris Faylor wrote:
>On Thu, Mar 09, 2000 at 08:56:03PM -0800, Ron Parker wrote:
>>The updated version of setup is available at
>>http://home.kc.rr.com/nexus/cygwin.  There is both a binary and the source.
>>The only changes from the source I posted earlier are bug fixes.
>>
>>I welcome all input.
>
>I finally tried this and I was impressed.  It was effortless.
>
>At some point we'll probably want to have some more control over what to
>install but I think this is a terrific first start.
>
>Has anyone else tried Ron's installer?  I'd like to get a little more feedback
>on this.
>
>Thank you, Ron.  It sure looks like we're almost ready for a net release!

Actually, just to follow up on my own post, I think the setup does need to do
something like:

mount -b x:\cygwin\bin /usr/bin
mount -b x:\cygwin\lib /usr/lib

Is that what we decided on?

That raises the issue of what to do if someone has already mounted these directories
and the root itself.  Can we detect this situation, tell them what the mounts are
currently, and ask them if they want to continue?  I think if someone does not want
to redo their mount table we probably should not proceed with the installation.

Is that too severe?