Re: release it?

Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> writes:

> I'm wondering if the problems that Mo is seeing with mingw are due to
> the fact that I changed the way /usr/bin and /usr/lib are mounted.  We
> had agreed that /usr/bin would be an alias for /bin but it was
> implemented the other way around.  I changed this so that it was what we
> agreed.
>
> Maybe something in the relative path lookup is screwed up due to this.

Could very well be, but I wonder how since the path to Mingw include dir
is relative to the compiler directory. Of course, if the sequence of
..'s end up at the top-level and then filter down, it would be the
cause. I'm looking through Mo's message now, and hopefully we'll be able
to figure out a trivial fix to the specs file that users can use.

I'll be in a position to download and test tomorrow. Do I need to worry
about setup.exe etc, or just download the various .tar.gz files from
pre-release directory private/cygwin-net-485? I'm trying to search the
list, but I'm having trouble reaching the search engine right now.

Regards,
Mumit