Re: Added crude update ability to setup.exe

On Sun, Apr 30, 2000 at 08:58:21AM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
>> 1) Store version information, gleaned from filenames in the registry.
>
>It should go in a file in the installed area.  I have multiple
>installations.

So do I.  I only have one net release, though.

The usual place to install this stuff on a windows system is in the
registry.

Storing it in the registry does not preclude your downloading stuff
from the internet but it would stop you from being able to "update"
more than one directory.  Do you really think that people would
want to use this mechanism to update multiple directories on their
systems?