Bad address?

I was building texinfo-4.0 where I've run into a problem.  During the make
process texinfo uses the newly made makeinfo program.  This should be fine but
I get this "Bad address" error from makeinfo, which string isn't in the
textinfo source.  Gdb reports an exit status of 20 and when using gdb one of
the local variables had data from a memory location in the cygwin1.dll, may or
may not be important, don't know yet.

When using the 03-01 dll I get a `Permission denied' error instead of bad
address.  I've attached an strace but AFAICT it isn't worth much.

Cheers,

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>