Re: scenario: no registry access, C:\ locked out

On Tue, Jun 20, 2000 at 08:09:34PM -0400, Andrew Patrzalek wrote:
>As I have been somewhat of a spurious lurker, I wonder if the scenario
>where the end user does not have write access to c:\ and the registry
>is Adm.  edit access only has been considered.  The end user can still
>change the user environment but cannot use regedit for instance.  B19*,
>B20* and v1.1.1 appear not to care.  This is somewhat of a
>philosophical question that may have impact on portability issues down
>the road.  Is there a movement toward having more involvement in things
>that lead to an end user editing the registry to make things work?

I'm sorry but I really don't know what you are talking about.  "edit access
only" to what?  The registry?  B19, B20, and v1.1 appear not to care about
what?  Changing the registry?  Are you talking about mounts?

Can you provide a step by step example to show what you mean?