termcap vs. terminfo, color in xterm

Does anybody know, why color in xterm windows work when using
terminfo but not if using termcap???

I have copied xterm and color_xterm entries from linux termcap
to our cygwin termcap and I have tried to patch our xterm entry
by hand but nothing has helped. I have to admit that I'm not
_that_ familar with termcap entries.

However, I have used an ugly trick which results in color in
my xterm windows when using Michaels vim with termcap:

- First I have renamed the xterm entry to xterm-old.
- Then I have created a new xterm entry:

	xterm|my color xterm:\
		:tc=cygwin:

I would be happy if somebody with more knowledge in termcap
could provide a real matching color_xterm entry. Or shall we
simply use the cygwin entry as base entry???

Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Developer
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company