Re: testsuite

On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 11:02:37AM +0400, Egor Duda wrote:
>Friday, 01 September, 2000 DJ Delorie dj@delorie.com wrote:
>>> winsup/
>>>   testsuite/
>>>
>>> This would make things more like the rest of the repository, I think.
>
>DD> OK with me, then.
>
>DD> You don't need Makefiles all over the testsuite.  In fact, there are
>DD> *no* makefiles in the existing cygwin testsuite.
>
>yes,  because  all  needed  support is built as part of winsup/cygwin/
>build.  but  now i need to build yet another support lib. the question
>is   where  it's  better  be  put.  i  see  now  that  putting  it  in
>winsup/testsuite/  is  not  good  idea,  because  this  subdir will be
>processed  by runtest too (if it's called without '--tool' switch). so
>i  agree  testsup/  direcory  with  test-support-library  sources  and
>headers  should go somewhere else. but should it be winsup/testsup/ or
>winsup/cygwin/testsup/ ?

Whatever we do with the testsuite directory I don't want parts of it
leaking into other directories.  If we are going to be moving
winsup/cygwin/testsuite to winsup/testsuite, that's fine.  I just
want it to be self-contained.  I don't think there is any reason
why this can't be the case.  Take a look at gdb's test suite.  It
has a 'lib' subdirectory with .c and .cc source files.