Re: crashme testing

On Sun, Oct 29, 2000 at 12:46:28PM -0800, Matt wrote:
>http://people.delphi.com/gjc/crashme.html
>
>I've done some testing of the 'crashme' program against some of the new
>cygwin snapshots and have gotten interesting results (high CPU usage,
>lockups, etc).  I've tried to articulate things via strace, but don't
>really know what to look for.  The strace logs are pretty huge :/
>
>If anyone wants to give it a try, the supplied makefile with crashme
>works with cygwin.  The commandline I've been trying is: 'crashme +2000
>31337 100'.
>
>Hope this helps find some bugs, sorry I couldn't give more detail..

If you are saying that (very) recent CVS versions of cygwin are having
problems that are different than 1.1.4 then it would be useful to
understand the difference between the recent versions and 1.1.4.
If the CVS version is not behaving any differently than 1.1.4 then that
is slightly less interesting.

However, in addition to perking my interest, it is my fervent hope that
people reading and contributing to the cygwin-developers mailing list
will be able to make some sense out of strace logs and even be able to
debug and fix things themselves.

If that is not the case, then there is no reason for this mailing list
to exist.  We might as well just use the cygwin mailing list for
everything.  There is really nothing special happening here.