Re: Exporting symbols from a .exe

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 10:41:31AM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:
>>I know that in a past life I was able to export symbols from a normal
>>executable without too much work.
>
>If you're using "gcc --shared" note that I think the linker disables
>all the dll-related code (i.e.  exports) when not building a dll.  It
>shouldn't be hard to re-enable, but you'd have to make it not default
>to export-all like it does for dlls.

With MSVC you don't have to do anything special.  If I try --shared, the
executable just doesn't work.

A better idea for doing this occurred to me as I was drifting off to sleep
last night (and continued to occur to me until around 4AM, grr...) so this
is a moot point for me but I am still somewhat curious about if this
could be made to work as transparently as msvc/link.