[cygwin] setup.exe Contrib vs latest question

To all but in particular DJ,

I have noticed on my Win95 machine when I run setup.exe and do a download
only of packages to install, those that belong to contrib (according to
setup.ini) end up in the contrib subdirectory and those that belong to
latest end up in latest - just as they should.

When I then proceed to do an install from local directory then the files
and subdirectories that were in contrib seem to end up with duplicates in
latest as well.

Has anyone else noticed this?  And before I go looking for why this
occurs I was wondering if setup was designed this way or if this is an
oops that needs fixing.