YANDQ

YetAnotherNewDeveloperQuestion (couldn't see anything obvious in the
archives either)

The posix specs I'm reading http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/7908799/
indicate that most of the types I'm working with (sem_t pthread_*_t)
should be defined in <sys/types.h> with only the prototypes and #defines
in the respective header files.

Are these specs way of base? If not, how do I go about altering
sys/types.h (which I note appears to be part of newlib).

The question arises because I have an external typedef which is
different from the internal typedef. While I could type cast everything
to make it match up (class pthread ** to void ** for instance) it reads
a lot more easily (which helps debugging) with no casting involved.

FYI the external typedefs are of the form
typedef void * foo_t
and the internal ones
typedef class foo * foo_t.

At the moment I've just duplicated the #defines across the files, but
I'd really rather have the types separated out from the prototypes and
#defines...

Rob