Re: InterlockedExchangePointer & pthread_atfork

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 06:10:02PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
>I have implemented pthread_atfork.
>
>The problem is, there's a missing win32 API function:
>InterlockedExchangePointer.
>
>I want to use that rather than InterLockedExchange, because
>InterlockedExchangePointer is correct code for 64-bit systems (one less
>thing to be fixed in the future).
>
>I suspect the function is implmented as inline code. How do I go about
>getting that code into cygwin? (I'm currently trying to find a
>non-copyrighted version of it).
>
>Alternatively I can just use InterlockedExchange, and leave a FIXME in
>the code.

The function doesn't exist in any of the MSVC v6 headers.  I don't know
if it is inlined or not but InterlockedExchange isn't and IIRC this
routine was pretty complicated on windows 95, probably owing to the
fact that W9x runs on more than just pentiums.