Re: difficult problem with symbolic link handling

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 01:39:15PM +0900, Kazuhiro Fujieda wrote:

>> I'd still like to have someone pick some holes in my current way of
>> doing things.  I've still got this feeling that I missed something
>> important.
>
>The `cygpath' utility returns results quite different from ones
>in the previous way. Please see the following example.
>
>The previous way
>    $ pwd
>    /
>    $ cygpath -w usr/
>    usr\
>    $

This is probably due to the fact that I (temporarily?) eliminated relative
path translation in path_conv.

This is arguably a bug but it is not really related to the implementation.

When I talk about "the current way of doing things" I don't mean the
code.  I mean the idea behind the change.

I can fix coding problems.  I can't fix fundamental design flaws.

I was hoping that people would analyze the description that I had posted.
So far you and Corinna have found bugs in the implementation.  That is
valuable if this is a technique that we want to keep but if isn't then...