Re: Recent changes to path_conv::check -- ouch

[following up on myself]
Kazuhiro's patch has forced me to look into this function a little
more.  It looks like we're just calling rootdir repeatedly rather than
invoking the OS.  I guess that is ok.  I'd rather not have even that
perfomance penalty but I don't know if it can be avoided.

cgf