Re: Local Setup Cache

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 07:12:49PM -0700, Michael A. Chase wrote:
>I wrote a script to remove archives from my local cache that aren't listed
>in setup.ini.  I suspect that this is a growing problem especially with the
>code that adds unmentioned files to the module list in choose.cc.  Would it
>be reasonable to put something in setup.exe to remove obsolete archives?

Hmm. The logic that I added to do this really needs for the FIXME comment
that I added to be done before we release this.  Currently, it will randomly
insert packages in inappropriate "trust" positions.

I hadn't considered the scenario of latest/bash getting filled up with older
versions of bash.  The current code could easily put an older version of bash
in the "experimental" postion rather than the "prev" condition.