2001-06-28 CVS ash Background Win32 Process Hang Problem

I have been using a Cygwin DLL that I built from CVS on 2001-06-28.
With this DLL, I discovered that ash will hang waiting for process
termination even when a Win32 program is spawned in background.

See the attachments for two small test cases.  hang.sh exhibits the
problem while nohang.sh does not.  Also, note that the problem does
not occur regardless of the shell used, if the background process is a
Cygwin program.

The problem does not occur in 1.3.2 -- so it has been introduced since
that release.  I did not try the latest because reading cygwin-cvs
seemed to indicate that most of the changes since 2001-06-28 have been
in setup.exe.  Additionally, I'm reluctant to modify my sandbox because
I currently trying to help Rob track down a pthreads problem.  Anyway,
my WAG is that this problem is still in the latest CVS.

Anyone have any ideas as to what is causing the problem?

Thanks,
Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: 732.264.8770 x235

hang.sh

nohang.sh