Re: Problems with autoconf-2.52 testsuite using current CVS Cygwin

 > Charles, did you check the permissions of the parent directory /tmp?
 > Is it possible that it still has permissions set so that it
 > propagatess them to files and subfolders?
 >
 > Could you repeat your test after calling
 >
 >	chmod 700 /tmp
 >	chmod 1777 /tmp
 >
 > ? The problem is mostly the already existing ACL. As I
 > wrote in my mail `NTSEC users: Please test' on this list:
 >
 > - `chmod 755' on a directory which already has 755 permissions.
 >
 >    Will not work since `chmod' is so _clever_ to do nothing
 >    if the requested permissions are the same as the current
 >    permissions.

Yes, that seems to be the problem w.r.t. the "cd /tmp, mkdir a,
getfacl... tests" I was using.  However, I've discovered that my entire
build tree (/usr/src/{autoconf, etc}/...) also has the
problematic-looking acl.  So, I need to recursively chmod all around --
but the subdirs are owned by various users, so a simple script won't do.
  Sigh.

(I mention this because of the <autoconf-build-dir>/tests/1/2/ problem I
reported earlier.)

Anyway, after I finish cleaning up ACL's, I'll try the autoconf tests
again -- maybe I too will then enjoy the VFORK bug...  :-P

--Chuck

P.S. Anybody know a good way of programmatically removing ACE's for
"Administrator" and "Administrators" from every file/dir in a tree,
*without* using that stupid inheritance property?