Re: cygwin 1.3.3 announcment -- extra words solicited

Ok, this sounds like gdb is not being started correctly, then.  Is there
an "unable to attach" message?

Are you starting gdb via a .bat file?  If so, are you passing all arguments
to gdb?

Wrt, subscribing/unsubscribing, I have no problem whatsoever with your switching
back and forth.  I just have to reply to email.

So, if you do this:

I'll subscribe you to cygwin-developers as soon as I see the email.

cgf

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 01:27:58PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>

>>Make sure you do a:
>>thread 1
>

>Thread ID 1 not known.
>

>>bt
>

>Error: No stack.
>

>>If that still doesn't show anything, then:
>>
>>p /x $esp
>

>Error: No registers.
>

>>x/40x $esp
>

>Error: No registers.
>

>>Then we can laboriously inspect the stack to see if something got
>>clobbered.
>

>Like I said, it's exactly as if I had merely typed 'gdb make.exe' from
>the command line.
>

>>Btw, Chuck, is there some reason why you are just subscribed to the digest
>>version?  I keep forgetting to Cc you.
>

>Yeah, I run hot-n-cold.  Sometimes I'll go for months without working on
>the cygwin dll itself -- concentrating on apps and development tools,
>fer instance -- and other times I'm really involved in the kernel.
>
>In the apps&dev periods, it's more convenient for me to just get the
>digest version.  During my kernel-hacking periods, it *would* be nice to
>be on the main list -- but I haven't figured out how to switch
>back-n-forth without requiring you to intervene manually every time.

I don't mind intervening manually.  If you unsubscribe from -digest and
resubscribe to

--
cgf@cygnus.com                        Red Hat, Inc.
http://sources.redhat.com/            http://www.redhat.com/