Re: C++ templates and cygwin?

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 11:22:40AM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
>Chris,
>    Whats your opinion on c++ template use within Cygwin. I'm not
>necessarily talking the STL, just that for things like lists, derived
>classes don't really suite, and recoding list traversal for the nth time
>is kinda... well boring.
>
>Also abstracting the code up one level does allow future replacement of
>the list with b* trees/hash tables etc wit more ease. (And for some of
>the stuff in progress that _may_ become desireable.)

I mentioned this to Corinna recently for the wincap stuff that she just
added and she was vehemently against it.  Maybe you can get her feeling
on this when she comes back.

I have nothing against templates as long as they don't cause increases
in code size or decreases in speed and I am not sure why they would.

The only other problem I can think of is that there may be problems with
templates in older g++'s.