Re: splitting dependencies in cygwin1.dll

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 07:37:31PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
>I'd like to split out some of the classes & headers in cygwin1.dll to
>make it more loosely coupled.  This wouldn't make it less able to use
>inlined calls, but would reduce recompiles where non-related things
>have not actually changed.
>
>I'd also like to make the headers consistently forward declare required
>classes / include their own pre-requisite headers (with forward
>declarations preferred).
>
>I'll run all such changes through cygwin-patches for review, but first:
>do you have any objections to this being done?

Perhaps you may recall a similar request a few months ago, where someone
was going to "fix" the cygwin headers.

At that time, I said that I didn't want to get into a discussion of the
best way to deal with headers and I mentioned that I wasn't going to
have headers include other headers at that time.  That hasn't changed.

Robert, if you're looking for things to do, why not finish the sysv ipc
cygserver work?  I think that would be much more bang for the buck
than messing with headers.