Re: System-wide mutexes and pthreads

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 06:02:08PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>This reminded me of something....
>
>Robert -- once upon a time the idea was bandied about to create a
>"subcygwin" static library that used only native, non-cygwin calls to
>directly access the cygwin mount table and sort of duplicate the
>functionality of (only) these two functions from cygwin.dll:
>
>  cygwin_conv_to_full_win32_path
>  cygwin_conv_to_posix_path
>
>[I'm sure this code is already in setup.exe's codebase -- somewhere].

The code is in setup.exe's codebase and in cygcheck's codebase.  I think
I tried to write cygcheck's code with this in mind but it's been a while.

I didn't try to deal with symlinks or recursive mounts, though.  That's
tricky.  That's why path_conv::check is so large.

I have no problem with anyone adapting the code in cygcheck for use in
some program, as long as the program is GPLed.