Re: System-wide mutexes and pthreads

"Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com> wrote:
> Fill out this form and use me as the approver:
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi
>
> You can use v1 or v2 ssh keys.

The form moaned about the format of my v2 ssh key so I ended up giving it a
v1 key. Other than that, it's on its way. Thanks.

> Some pointers on creating branches would probably be good too.

I would certainly find some hints useful. For the moment, I'm just carrying
on hacking locally, but once there's a branch I'll re-factor all the changes
into reasonably small increments before submitting anything. I hope that'll
make it easier to review and trace.

On the issue of review, how do we want to run this? Should I submit patches
for review and/or approval (to cygwin-patches)? or just go ahead for the
moment on the branch and wait for a larger approval discussion at merge
time? Or so happy medium between the two?

The only files I'll be branching would be the cygserver ones along with
shm.cc and its header file; and I'll not likely be doing large amounts of
work outside of the cygserver_shm.* files for the moment.

> Uh oh.  I knew we shouldn't be sending out those t-shirts.  They're
obviously
> defocusing you from valuable programming time.

It's okay, my computer just told me that my t-shirt made me look oh! so
young and hunky --- I reckon the two of us are still happy together :-)

// Conrad