Re: Release of the <sys/ipc.h> and <sys/shm.h> files

On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 11:09:11PM +0100, Conrad Scott wrote:
>"Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com> wrote:
>>If the files shouldn't be included in the distribution, they either
>>shouldn't be in the repository or they should be protected against
>>accidental use.
>
>My preference would be to exclude them from the distribution.

I think these files have lived in the repository long enough.  If we
aren't going to have a working ipc in this release then they should be
removed.  I kept them there for the convenience of the developers but
convenience only lasts so long.

I've moved the files out of include/sys and put them in the top level.
When we have a working System V shm/ipc, then we can put them back.
That means that anyone who is depending on these files will have to do
some hand copying but I think that's better than the alternative.

Since these files are causing consistent problems for people, it doesn't
make any sense for them to be installed by default, whether it is in a
release or in a snapshot.  I was willing to let the snapshots be a
little broken for a little while but it isn't a little while anymore.