Re: Threads and the C++ new and delete operators

"Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com> wrote:
> You may notice that cygwin does not use new/delete very much.  This
is
> one of the reasons why.

Ahh. Okay.

So, to be *completely* thread-safe (until gcc 3.1), I should avoid any
use of new and delete in multi-threaded programs (unless I can confine
it to one thread)? And that implies no use of any C++ classes that
might themselves use new and delete (e.g. iostreams)? This is no big
deal and I'm most of the way there already (i.e. there's no explicit
use of new/delete now in cygserver).

BTW I'm not being facetious here or anything, just checking the score.
It's been a slightly stressful few days narrowing this one down and
I'm getting paranoid.

Thanks,

// Conrad