Re: Another problem with MC + subshell on cygwin

On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 02:08:43AM +0200, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> [...]

You really can't rely on line numbers when you are referring to things like this.
I don't have a sigproc_printf in my version of sigproc.cc at line 675.

>I think a quick and dirty workaround for MC is to put some kind of
>timeout before sending SIGCONT and hope for the best. The best
>solution will be to fix this on Cygwin of course :) I haven't thinked
>of any solution since I've just found it and I'm going to bed since
>it's 2 AM here :)

Probably the right way to fix this is for the parent process not to
deliver the SIGCHLD to itself until the child has actually been suspended.
I don't know of any way of figuring out if the child is really suspended
though.

Upping the thread priority in sig_handle_tty_stop would make the race
less likely, too.