Re: Source snapshot fails to build

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 08:50:24AM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> >On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> >>Trying to build the snapshot from October 20 I got the error you can
> >>see in the attachment.  I see the same error also with the snapshot of
> >>October 17th.
> >>
> >>I'm using latest everything on XP Home.  I thought that this problem
> >>was fixed some time ago.
> >>
> >>I don't have time to investigate right now - maybe later today.
> >
> >I was getting the same failure with gcc 3.2.  Reverting back to 2.95
> >did the trick for me.  Apparently, gcc 3.2 did not pick up the w32api
> >headers from the source directory, but rather went to /usr/include...
> >A change in flags, perhaps?  Anyway, the cvs source builds fine with
> >gcc 2.95.
>
> Um, you all know what this list is for, right?  It's intended for solutions,
> not workarounds or speculation.
>
> If you want to blindly speculate about what is wrong, then keep the
> discussion in cygwin at cygwin.  The expectation is for actual fixes or,
> at least, actual analysis here.
>
> I also expect that everyone is building from CVS not from source
> snapshots.  The source part of snapshots is there primarily to satisfy
> the GPL.
>
> cgf

Umm, sorry I didn't mention that I was getting this problem when building
from CVS HEAD...  As for a solution, I don't know enough about autotools
at the moment to understand why this is happening.  Any help (off-list if
necessary) in getting cygwin to build with gcc 3.2 would be appreciated.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Water molecules expand as they grow warmer" (C) Popular Science, Oct'02, p.51