Re: Exception handling in gcc-3

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 11:28:26AM +0100, Thomas Pfaff wrote:
> >
> >Hi Danny,
> >
> >i just had the time to look at the eh changes in gcc-3 for throwing
> >exceptions across DLL/EXE boundaries.
> >While the code works in 99% for cygwin and mingw it has one disadvantage
> >for cygwin: The atom name is lost after a fork.
>
> Why?

Because it is allocated via AddAtom and is local to the process. After a
fork the name is lost.

BTW: In unwind-dw2-fde.c a mutex is used to synchronize access to a linked
list. In the current code this mutex is not shared and therefore it does
not synchronize access between code in DLLs and the executable.
I would recommend to make this mutex shared too (see my unwind-dw2-fde.c
patch and w32-shared-ptr.c).

Thomas