tty patch check in

On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 03:09:59PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> and so really had no bearing on the thread.  I made it clear that
> increasing the buffer size was not a fix for everything.  I didn't need
> to have it brought to my attention, YA.

I apologize.  The way I read it, increasing the buffer size was going
to fix the paste problem, and case closed.  I clearly was reacting
hastily.

> It needs more testing from more parties.  It would be nice if someone
> like Egor could review the code, too.

My understanding of the process was that changes would be committed
to CVS then tested by the development community.  I think there's
ample evidence that the patch doesn't cause immediate failure that
would preclude developers from testing it.  If you really want
more testing, checking it into CVS is the way to do it.

> My problem with changes this major is that eventually next week, or next
> year, Corinna and I will end up supporting it.

True, so how can I make the code easier for you to support?
I can introduce fixes in small chunks, that eventually
add up to what we have now.  Would that be better?

> I hope I can get your committment that you will be actively
> involved in supporting the code for at least a few months after it goes
> in.

I don't foresee this being a problem.

-steve