RE: quandary with pthreads

[snip]
> I have created assembler versions for the Interlocked functions that work
> fine unless they are made inline (see attachment). Maybe someone with a
> better understanding of gcc inline assembler might have a look at it).

I may have the painfully-acquired honor of fitting that description.  How were
you trying to inline them?  Essentially as-is?  If so, I just may be able to
help.

> Nevertheless adding these functions will drop support for the good old
> i386.

A wise man once said, "The good old days weren't always good/Tomorrow ain't as
bad as it seems".  Nevertheless, I will be the first to be completely
unsurprised when somebody comes looking for B20 when this happens. ;-)

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.