Re: ARGH pthreads tests failing?

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 09:34:05PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 09:32:17PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>>Hmm.  After taking an exhaustive sweep over the whole testsuite and
>>>eliminating all warnings (some of which were actually indicative of
>>>errors), everything seems to be working ok, now.
>>>
>>>I'm doing my 50th testsuite run to verify this but it looks like I'll
>>>be releasing 1.3.19 soon.
>>
>>Of course the mutex failures came back with this run.  Could they possibly
>>be sporadic?
>
>Ah.  I see the difference.  I erroneously had optimization turned on in the
>last test suite run.  I turned it off and got the aforementioned errors.
>
>Perhaps this is a hint.

Don't pay any attention to me.  This was a reversion due to the fact
that I had made a change to my "improved" makefile and was no longer
passing the correct CFLAGS to the build process.  Phew.

I'll stop typing now.  This looks good.  Sorry for the chatter.

AFAICT, the problem went away when I changed the testsuite makefile
to use all of the same flags as everything else in winsup.