Re: Winsock closesocket() problem

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
<snip>

> But as you guessed, calling the test application from a plain Win app *does*
> help.  I started a ssh session under system account, switched to cmd.exe
> and called the test app and the error disappears.
>
> Baffled,

The last logs from Jason should help.

> > My hypothesis about that is that strace starts everyting fresh from
> > Windows. Otherwise we start from (ba)sh (or cygrunsrv), which may have
> > setup/opened "things" for us.
>
> Might be but what "things"?  The both sockets are also "fresh" and not
> shared with any other application.

Not sure. I was thinking a dll perhaps? Something that controls access to
itself.

Looking at log3, where sc11.exe starts, I am really surprised by the
number of handles (27 or so, in this simple case) that are already opened.
What are they?  Is it normal?

Pierre