Re: Bump version to 1.5.0

FYI, I bootstrapped msys tools by modifying the cygwin1.dll in the binary executable. So, it's conceivable to postinstall a sed script that would modify the dll name with caveats of new functionality not supported. I can also see the possibility for 32/64 bit versions for each new release with 32bit versions using libcygwin1.a while 64bit versions using libcygwin2.a. An arbitrary date would be set to remove support for a 32bit versions.

Earnie.

Christopher Faylor wrote:

I know that we'd talked about changing to version 2 of cygwin, too, but that is going to be a pretty daunting task. It means someone amongst us would have to write a cygwin1 wrapper DLL so as to not leave the old cygwin1 users behind. It ideally means rebuilding the whole distribution with cygwin2 libraries. It means stripping out all of the legacy code in cygwin1.dll (rewarding as that would be).