Re: stat matters

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 09:46:20AM -0400, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 11:05:00PM -0400, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
>

>> >I can't test the patch now, but it looks like all files on FAT
>> >will be marked NOTEXEC if ntsec is on.
>>
>> Correct.  They will be marked as "don't open the file to check for
>> executable".  If there was an actual "don't care" state, I would have
>> used that.
>
>But on FAT we want to open the file and check, don't we?

Duh, right.  I missed the FAT part of your question.  I thought you were
inferring that all files opened using ntsec would be marked as
non-executable.  There are other problems with that section of code,
too.  I'll rectify them.

>> >In addition pc->has_acls() is used in fstat_helper() to determine
>> >the inode algorithm, which means that it could be influenced by
>> >smbntsec. Why not use the filesystem flags directly, they are
>> >in pc ?
>>
>> Because the filesystem flags have only been in pc for a couple of days?
>
>Hasn't it been in pc for a long time, but in fhandler for
>a couple of days? I am not sure it's necessary in fhandler, but I know
>the issue can be revisited after you export your sandbox changes.

I'm batting 1000 here.  Right.  The filesystem flags are now available
from the fhandler class.  That will go away with my changes, too.