Re: [tolj@wapme-systems.de: Re: Problem with accept?!!

Hi Thomas,

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 04:58:17PM +0200, Thomas Pfaff wrote:
> Before someone will notice this and try to blame us one more patch.
> If a connect is interrupted subsequent calls to connect should fail and
> select must be used instead. With this patch EINPROGRESS (119) will be
> returned but i think that according to
> http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007904975/functions/connect.html
> it should be EALREADY (120).

I think it's ok as it is now.  Regardless of the above SUSv3 stuff
I've checked the very same situation on Linux and on Linux it's no
problem to call connect again (I've tested on glibc 2.3.2).  The
first call returns EINTR, the second call blocks as usual and returns
the same way as our current code does (in my test with ECONNREFUSED).

It's a bit weird that Linux behaves different than the SUSv3 description
suggests, though.  Hmm.

Red Hat, Inc.