Re: Calling RegisterServiceProcess from setsid ?

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 10:17:27PM -0400, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> I have tried that but it seems to have no effect.
> That's easy to test: launch inetd from a shell on 9X (it calls
> RegisterServiceProcess) and then log off. In my experience it will
> launch one of these irritating termination pop-ups. Someone should
> double check though.

Am I missing something?

Currently, RegisterServiceProcess() is called from the daemonize code
in sshd (in the child, right before the call to setsid()).  I don't
see that RegisterServiceProcess() is called from inetd though.

However, adding a RegisterServiceProcess() call to setsid() would be
the right thing to do, I guess.  That would probably automagically
solve the hanging console problem with cron described by Ronald
Landheer-Cieslak as well, wouldn't it?

Red Hat, Inc.